We read a lot of garbage these days. Judging from the New York Times Best-Seller List, America consumes romance, fictional thrillers, & self-betterment books like it’s going out of style. In my short years of reading and learning from the hard work of the authors that write the books, I’ve come across both garbage and precious stones. I’d like to say that each of these books are life-shaping in one way or another, but I thought I’d compile a short list of books that have changed my perspective on life and most importantly, shaped my thoughts about God. I don’t want to bore you with my thoughts on each and every book, but I hope at least the list can serve you well in exploring a bit further those books that I’ve found to be diamonds in the rough.
these are in no particular order
- Desiring God by John Piper
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
- The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
- Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
- Kingdom Prologue by Meredith Kline
- Simply Christian by N.T. Wright
- Revolution in World Mission by K.P. Yohannan
- A Hunger for God by John Piper
- The Next Evangelicalism by Soong-Chan Rah
- The Confessions by Augustine
What are some of yours?